- Oppo squash/Kaddu/ bottle gourd- I small sized vegetable
- Milk (Toned or semi toned)- 3 cups.
- Sago /Tapioca pearls- 150 gms soaked in water for 15 mins.
- Pistachios – Tblsp
- Diced Almonds – 1 Tblsp
- Chopped dry fruits- 1 Tblsp
- Skimmed milk- ¼ cup
- Khoya- ¼ cup
- Sugar- 2 Tblsp
- Powdered Cardamom – ½ tsp
- Saffron strands for garnishing the Kheer
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1 .Skin the vegetable and grate it by hand or with the help of a food processor.
2. Place sago or Sabudana in boiling milk and cook uncovered for 10-12 mins. Keep stirring occasionally as Sago tends to settled down and stick to the vessel.
3. Stir in Khoya and skimmed milk and allow simmering on slow fire.
4. Add grated bottle gourd along with sugar and cardamom powder.
5. Allow the mixture to simmer on for another 15 – 20 minutes or until the milk turns golden yellow and creamy.
6. Add chopped dry fruits.
7. Serve chilled with saffron sprinkled on top for added effect.